W. D. "David" Busby and Mary Ann Manning had at least three children:
1. William D. Busby b. 1880 further information unknown.
2. Drusilla Busby b. 11/1886 m. Sam McClendon 21 Jul. 1910.
3. Benjamin Joshua Busby b. 12/23/1890 d. 1/28/1941
W. D. (David)Busby b.abt. 3/1852 probably died between 1900 and 1910. David Buzbee married Mary Ann Manning b. abt.
1853 on July 1, 1875. Mary Ann was the daughter of John McIntosh Manning b. about 1815 in GA and died after 1880 in
Jefferson County, AL. Mary had a sister named Martha A. Manning who married Joshua Creel and had Dora Jane Creel, Stella
Creel and Mary Elizabeth Creel.
|Benjamin (Benny ) Joshua Busby
b. 12/23/1890 d. 1/28/1941
Walker County, AL
Benny worked in the coal mines in
Walker County and was listed as
Teamster in 1930 census
Benny was the son of W. D.
"David" Busby and Mary Ann
Edith Cole married Bill Knowles and had the following children: Sharon, Teresa, John, Lisa and Jack.
Maebell Gertrude Busby b.4/21/1914 d.2/15/1998 married Claude Cole b. 1/26/1912 d.12/29/1989. Two children, Edith and
Lella Rae Cole.
Lella Rae Cole m. unknown had two children, Angela and unk.
Benny's third marriage was to Lillie Miller. After Bennie's death, Lillie married Henry D. Cagle and after Mr. Cagle died Lillie moved with some of her family
to Chicago, IL. Some of the descendants died there and others moved on to other parts of the country..
Benny m. Lillie Miller b.abt. 1902 d. unk and had the following children:
1. Effie Busby b. 1923 - she married a Robinson - one son Jimmy Wayne Robinson.
2. Pauline Busby b. abt 1925 d. 1970's - she married V. A. Johnsey. Children J. R. Johnsey and Alvin Edward Johnsey.
3. Donia Busby b. 1928 died very young.
4. Dalton Busby m. Linda - children Diane, Lynda and Sandra Busby.
5. David Busby married Peggy unknown - one child Deborah Busby born probably in the mid to late 1960's. ( living in Jefferson County in the 1970's.) I heard
from Edith Cole that David had died.
6. Herman Busby (twin) b. 9/19/1936 d. 1/31/2000 never married.
7. Therman Busby (twin) b. 9/19/1936 d. unknown - never married.
Benny Busby's first marriage was to Nancy Jane Abbott b. b. 7/9/1886 d. 12/27/1974. They were married on August 23, 1908, Crane Hill, AL at the home of
her father Wilburn Abbott. Benny and Nancy had two children: Henry Busby who may have been a twin to Lovern died as an infant and Lovern Busby b.
7/6/1911 d. 1/13/1995.
Benjamin Busby's second wife was Wadie Thomas b.6 Feb. 1897 d. 9 Feb. 1921 of TB. Benny and Wadie's children:
1. Gertrude b. 4/21/1914
2. Grover Cleburne Busby b 1917 TN according to the 1930 census of Walker County, AL. His obituary states his name Grover Cleveland "Sheriff" Busby. He
died June 23, 2004 at Cullman Regional Medical Center at the age of 89 and is buried at Dillworth Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery. Sheriff lived for many years
with Benny's first cousin Millard and Willie Mae Davis Busby. Millard Filmore Busby's mother Lucendy Busby b. 24 Oct. 1880 d. 30 June 1967 was Benny
Busby's Aunt (sister to W. D. "David" Busby).
3. Ruth Busby b. 1918 who died after 1920.
Benny and second wife Wadie Thomas and
children Gertrude and Cleburne Busby